Home Away From Home

Home Away From Home

Monday, April 4, 2016

Inspirational Media

Having our lecture last week about social media has really made me more aware of the social media usage that is going on around me and the ways that it can be used in a positive or negative way. Having the Easter holiday a week ago and then General Conference this weekend really made me aware of the positive things that can be shared using social media. For example, the church has the hashtag #LDSconf that is in the corner of the video prior to each session and this helps everyone share their messages or photos from the weekend. One thing I really liked though was that after his message in the Priesthood session, President Uchtdorf actually posted a message on Facebook about his talk and expounded a little more on what he had said. I think it is great that many of our church leaders use media in ways like this to help share inspirational thoughts and it's encouraging to see social media used in such a positive way. Personally, one of my favorite things are the shareable quotes that the church intentionally makes and allows you to share through different avenues of social media. The one I'm including in this post is from one of the talks that I enjoyed the most. I know that sometimes we may get tired of social media and some of the things that we often see posted, but I liked the reminder this last week that there are good uses for it if we look.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reminder for today! The last full week of classes before finals, it is hard to keep this perspective, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete